As a regional chamber we represent the chambers and communities of Bristol, Burlington, Farmington, Plymouth, Wolcott, and beyond.
We also manage two manufacturing associations; New England Spring and Metalstamping Association (NESMA), and Connecticut Tooling and Machining Association (CTMA), and act in a liaison role for the Connecticut Manufacturing Collaborative (CMC).
We recognized the need to communicate with our membership as quickly as possible with the most up-to-date information available.
• Created a COVID-19 business resources page as a dedicated place for membership to go to gather the most updated information
• Interviewed municipal, healthcare, and financial institution leaders over Zoom to aid in getting information to businesses and the community at large
• Daily membership emails with most current information on the virus, various financial assistance, and PPE availability
• Converted in-person Chamber events to virtual events, including seminars with the Governor, DECD, SBDC, & other industry leaders
• Partnered with CBIA and ConnStep to be a distribution center for PPE including face masks, face shields, and thermometers
• Chamber President, Cindy Bombard, sits on multiple Reopen CT committees
• Chamber staff has reached out to many chamber businesses to personally discuss how they are doing and if they need any assistance
• Launched a Community Champion Contest encouraging the community to support local businesses
NESMA & CTMA Response:
• Outreach calls to membership regarding information on the virus, financial assistance, PPE availability, and updates from CMC
• Face masks were ordered and made available to NESMA membership for purchase
• Created a COVID-19 manufacturing resource page on NESMA’s website and CTMA’s website
CMC Liaison Information:
• The Connecticut Manufacturing Collaborative is a group of seven associations who work together to create one voice
• Calls three times per week getting updated information on new rules and guidelines.
• All information comes directly from Colin Cooper, State of CT Chief Manufacturing Officer, as well as CBIA, DECD, and other guest speakers